Sunday, June 24, 2012

Pretend play



I was sitting in front of the computer during a break from our study session when my son came and swaddled me with a comforter.  After failing to keep the comforter from sliding down my shoulder, he decided to fasten it around me with Snoopy clothespins.  These are the same clothespins he uses for pincer grasp exercises.

My son catches me taking pictures using the webcam.

He thinks more clothespin are necessary.


Was he thinking of the cocoon in "The Very Hungry Caterpillar" book?  Did he get inspiration from "The Emperor's New Groove," the movie he was watching when he turned his attention to me?  Who was he pretending to be, and what was my role?  I would really like to know, but his communication skills are very limited.  Perhaps someday, when he can already talk and I show him these pictures, he may be able to explain why he had me wrapped in a comforter.  When that time comes, I will tell him that the other reason why I took pictures of this moment was because this was the very first time I saw him play with the clothespins voluntarily.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Share

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...